Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hits have increased on Black People Meet

I can't explain it at all. I've been getting these great hits on my black people meet profile since I posted the list yesterday (see the post here on Black People Meet 6/25). Go figure! Tell it like it is and be straight and you'll get what you want? Is that the way it works? Maybe the site will deliver on black people meetin' after all.

KYRA'S GOT GIGS! (photo by Gerald Peart ©2007)Hey for those of you in the DC area or NYC area I have a couple of gigs coming up. In the process or writing a new song about my lack of action regarding mentoring the boys and young men on my block in Brooklyn. Inspired by my hatred of saggin pants, I question not them but my lack of action or talk. The song ends with me asking them what their commitments are. I plan to record a few of them sharing this and then overdub it into the song I am writing. I am calling it "Who Let Them Down (I'd Like to Change the World, But I Don't Know What to Do)."

BE THE TRUE REVOLUTION/
UNITE FOR CHANGE TOUR
Kyra Gaunt (vocals)
Tomás Doncker (guitar/vocals)
Buy Kyra's CD at iTunes or CDBaby.net


Sat July 5th 6:30 to 9:30PM

Caribou Café /Rockville - No cover

5562 Norbeck RD Rockville MD 20853 (301) 460-0047

Tue July 22nd 8:30PM

4th Songwriter's Beat Festival
Cornelia Street Café - $10

29 Cornelia Street bet Bleecker and West 4th St New York, New York 10014 (212) 989-9319

RSVP - Let us know you're coming to either
event by emailing:
kyraocity@gmail.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.